Saturday 3 September 2011

Exodus Chapter 1

I have decided to do my quiet times on moses because he is my favorite character in the bible, And he is a great spiritual role model whom I want to learn from. And I hope to get to know God better through him. in the first chapter, It is about the israelites growing in numbers which became a threat to the pharaoh. The new king was a king who did not know about joseph and the israelites past with egypt and therefore he dared oppress the israelites. Today reading this chapter I noticed 3 different characters. 







1. The new king. He did not know about the israelites past with egypt leading up to him going against God's people, People who in the past was respected because the old kings new the power of God. The old kings during joseph's time clearly believed in God's power however somehow this new king did not know, one word in my mind describing this new king is ignorance. He is so ignorant of who he is going against. He did everything so "blindly" in a way. And also the israelites were not even going against him he was just insecure because he sees how strong they are. He let his ignorance and insecurities get whole of him thus leading to him enslaving innocent people,which eventually leads to his countries curse. 



But sometimes I think I can be like this King. I forget all the great things God has done in my life, I become ignorant, I forget how jesus died on the cross for me, and then I let my insecurities take over my life, I let it control me, I allow myself to sin due to my ignorance and insecurities, I forget how great God is. SO I must be very careful if God is the one controlling my life or is my insecurities controlling me? And also Do I forget God's might and power? Do I let my fear of God slip away like the new king did? Just because I did not witness Jesus dying?






2 && 3. THE 2 MIDWIVES. Pharaoh had instructed the midwives to kill every male israelite born, But they did not,They went against the pharaoh and thats not a small matter. It takes courage and bravery to against someone who could kill you anytime he liked . But the things is these woman feared God more then they feared the king, They knew how powerful their God is, they trusted God enough to just do whats right and that God will take care of them. 


I bet they were REALLY scared and insecure when they king questioned them.. But what kept them going at doing what is right? It was the trust ,love And fear they had for God. They trusted God to take care of them if they did what was right in his eyes. they loved God enough to sacrifice their well-being I mean they could have been jailed or beaten or even "disgraced" . And lastly they feared God. I guess their fear of God was so much more then their fear of the king, They knew that God was way more powerful. And the held on to that. Many times I wonder? Am I more afraid of sinning against God, or am I more afraid of pleasing people and the world? I wonder, Do I love God enough to give up everything, put everything at risk for God? Am I willing to give up things I love? Do I trust GOd? When I sacrifice or serve GOd, do I trust that he will give me a way, He will take care of me,that he already have plans for me? 








In the end the 2 midwives were blessed by God, they lead life's with families while the king's kingdom suffered for his actions. 



And so the ultimate question Is am I the 2 midwives? Or am i the King? the king's got it all, The midwives are working ther butts off for survival. But spiritually who won?






Dearest father, 
It is really late but I rally want to talk to you, Today was tough… **sighhh** really tough. its like a up down day. emotional roller coaster..




Father I rally want to thank you as In the morning I had a GREAT time with aunty joyce! We talked and it was real nice. SHe's so like gentle and sweet HAHAHA, something I am NOT. I see so much things I can learn from her about. She really is a great leader and christian ! I don't know how is she so nice?! I really don't hahhhaaa. But I really hope I can get more time with her I have so much SO MUCH I want to learn from ! hearing her share about how she used to quarrel with brother kinda is comfort to my soul as I always wonder if there is something wrong with me? Like  why am I always having this kinda conflicts but you have sent her to let me know its part of growing up I guess. AHHAHA. And that people change ! HAHHAHA 


Father I also want to thank you for my parents. Today my teacher came to the house to talk to us about my results. she feels I should concentrate on just 3 subjects this year as I din't do well for my major tests….. I must admit I was very very very discouraged, I felt like lost, That I cannot make it anymore.. But my parents after her leaving brought me into the room to give me a hug and encourage me . They said "we believe in you rebecca you can do it" And I could sense the sincerity in them… they were not saying it cause they were my parents.. they said it cause they really believed it. But still father I worry so much , what If I let them down? my own teacher who knows my school work feels I can't… Father, BUt then I know you want em to just try my best and  trust you… I need to be like the midwives to just TRUST YOU. Father, Its just so discouraging. But I know you will provide for me. I cannot say it is hard for me to just trust you because you have already done so much in my life I have no reason to not have faith in you father. I know I may not be the smartest person alive, But I will try my best and I know you will lead me where you want me, You will stretch me according to your plans. Father, if this is a test a lesson for me to trust you, I understand, I really pray I will stay strong and not aim to be the best but aim just to do my best and leave the rest to you father . 




Dearest father
I thank you for all the teens who are standing by me through all this,  don't know what will I do without all these lovely people. =====Father I am nt thinking straight now I am going to sleep tomorrow church ! GOod night



Thankyou for everything I love you so much in jesus name AMEN
Love your daughter,
rebecca





No comments:

Post a Comment